(707) 624-8530 1010 Nut Tree RoadVacaville
Mon - Friday: 8 am - 5 pm
Eric Hassid, MDFunctional MedicineNeurological Rehabilitation
Angela Lim, DOOsteopathic Medicine
Our Functional Medicine program offers a multidisciplinary approach to treating our patients. Our doctors work with you to identify the root causes of illness. We carefully evaluate your medical history, work with you on your health goals, and develop an individualized treatment program just for you. These natural and conventional health treatments will guide you along the road to restored health and vitality.
Functional medicine addresses the underlying causes of disease, not just the symptoms. Our healthcare team spends time with our patients, finding out about your history and looking at genetics, environmental, and lifestyle factors that can influence long-term health and complex, chronic disease.
Chronic Health Conditions: • Headaches • Fibromyalgia • Chronic Fatigue Syndrome • Mood Disorders • Hormonal Imbalances • Cardio-Metabolic Syndrome (abdominal fat, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and insulin resistance.) Evaluations and Treatment: • Nutrition and gastrointestinal health • Exercise, activity and functional movement • Mind-body medicine and sleep • Metabolic biotransformation and detoxification • Hormonal optimization • Targeted medical intervention
• Nutritional Medicine: We believe that nutrition and gastrointestinal health are critical to overall health. We design personalized nutritional programs to meet the medical needs of each individual. • Intravenous Nutrient Therapies: Dr. Hassid has experienced tremendous success improving the health and well being of his patients with the use of intravenous nutrient therapies. Such therapies include Myers' cocktail, phosphatidylcholine, vitamin C, magnesium, glutathione and alpha lipoic acid. • Nutritional Supplementation: The supplements we provide are researched extensively and offer the highest quality, purity and overall potential benefit.
• Heart Math Biofeedback: Heart math biofeedback is a simple computer based program that has been shown in clinical trials to reduce the negative physiological changes associated with chronic stress and anxiety. In house training is provided until the technique is mastered. • Cranial Electrical Stimulation (CES) Therapy: CES is a safe and easy to use electrical device designed to improve sleep, anxiety, depression and pain modulation. This device is provided for daily home use.
• Intravenous Heavy Metal Elimination Program: Chronic low level heavy metal exposure can be associated with a wide range of common medical conditions. We perform intravenous heavy metal elimination therapy on individuals whom we believe could benefit from such a procedure.
• Bio-identical Hormonal Replacement Therapy (BHRT): Several of our health care providers have extensive training in anti-aging medicine and are quite skilled at safely optimizing hormonal levels in order to improve specific medical conditions as well as to target the physiological aging process. We only use those hormones that are equivalent to what the body uses.
• Diagnostic Medicine: Under the leadership of Dr. Hassid, NorthBay’s Functional Medicine providers are highly capable of performing comprehensive diagnostic medical evaluations whenever necessary. • Medication Management: Although our philosophy is to restore health and minimize the need for medications, we acknowledge the need to provide targeted medication therapy to certain individuals in order to facilitate optimal function and quality of life. • Medical Procedures: Although our philosophy is to restore health and minimize the need for medical procedures, we acknowledge the need to perform targeted medical procedures in certain individuals in order to facilitate optimal function and quality of life. Dr. Hassid performs a variety of neurological and pain management procedures. He is particularly well known regionally for his skill in the administration of Botulinum Toxin therapy (Botox) for pain and motor control disorders.
Osteopathic manipulative treatment (OMT) is an advanced form of hands-on care. It involves using hands to diagnose, treat and prevent illness and injury. Using OMT, your osteopathic physician will move your muscles and joints using techniques that may incorporate stretching, gentle pressure and resistance. When appropriate, OMT can complement - and even replace - medication or surgery.
OMT can help people of all ages and backgrounds and can be used to:
OMT can also be used to treat health problems, including:
Osteopathic physicians, or DO are physicians who are trained in OMT. Similar to an MD - DOs are fully licensed and provide a full range of services. But DOs offer a unique approach to patient care by:
NorthBay Medical Center: 707-646-5000 NorthBay VacaValley Hospital 707-624-7000
Copyright © 2011 NorthBay Healthcare