Who Is NorthBay Health?
NorthBay Health is a not-for-profit organization based in upper Solano County. We enjoy an outstanding reputation in the community. Inaugurated by the efforts of the community in 1956, NorthBay Health has continued to grow along with the local population. Today our organization includes NorthBay Medical Center, NorthBay VacaValley Hospital, the NorthBay Cancer Center, and the NorthBay Center for Primary Care and the Surgery Center at NorthBay VacaValley. These facilities provide a wide range of services to Solano County residents. Nearly $80 million is budgeted for building new facilities and upgrading existing facilities in the next 10 years.
We Are Nonprofit, an Important Difference
NorthBay Health opened its first hospital in 1960 and remains Solano County's only locally based, locally managed nonprofit health care organization. We are an integrated system with two hospitals, surgery center and 100+ provider, multi-specialty Medical Group. In addition, we are one of three co-founders of the Sacramento based, not-for-profit insurance company Western Health Advantage and a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network.
Learn more about us...
Our medical group is comprised of 21 Primary Care Physicians, 55 Specialists and 26 Advanced Health Practitioners and growing practicing at over 25 locations in the cities of Vacaville, Green Valley and Fairfield. We also provide behavioral health services, case management, team based care from RN & MA as well as urgent care.
Our Keynote services include:
- Women's and Children's Services featuring a Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Comprehensive Cancer Care
- Cardiovascular services providing cardiac and interventional surgery
- Orthopedics and Joint Replacement
- Neuroscience and Spine service line established 2013
The NorthBay culture is built around strong partnership between physicians, care providers, and administration. Collaboration, transparency, and trust are very important to us.
Our contracts and compensation model are created to follow this same spirit. They are designed to be competitive with supplemental incentives, easy to administer, and compliant with laws and regulations.
NorthBay provides physicians a Professional Services Agreement ("PSA") that complies with the state of California and Federal laws and regulations.
Professional Services Agreements
PSAs are designed to assure that physicians have the independence to practice medicine in accordance with their professional medical training and expertise. In addition, the PSA model affords physicians the independence to manage their finances as best suited for their individual needs. Under the PSA model, the physician and NorthBay retain their independent party status, with the benefit of collaboration. NorthBay's compensation package is calculated to account for the cost of benefits, retirement, professional fees (i.e. CME, dues, subscriptions, and other fees), employment taxes, and malpractice insurance.
Here is an overview of the compensation model:
- Income Guarantee - allows physicians to have peace of mind as they grow their practices and enter into this new era of healthcare.
- Work RVU Incentive Model - aligns physicians' efforts and services with the high patient demand in our community.
- Quality Incentive - rewards physicians for high quality care. There are two incentive types:
- Pay for Performance - based on core measures Managed Care Quality Incentives - based on quality-driven metrics
- Advanced Health Practitioners ("AHP") Supervision - physicians are compensated for the supervision of AHPs.
- One-Time Payments and Reimbursements - include sign-on bonuses, relocation and tail insurance expenses. There are significant costs associated with moving to a new location. Our objective is to make this transition as smooth as possible.
- Other Services Assistance - we assist our physicians to find a home in the area, and connect them with professionals to help with malpractice insurance, benefits, financial services, and more.
At NorthBay, we want our physicians to have the opportunity to focus on what they were trained for-practicing medicine-and have incorporated an extensive care team that allows physicians to do just that. In our Centers for Primary Care we have teams that include RN's, medical assistants, PSR's, behavioral health professionals, and Advanced Health Practitioners. Our Centers have onsite phlebotomy and radiology. Where possible, we rotate consultants, such as women's health and urology through our Centers. The structure that has been created at NorthBay allows the physicians to focus on their patient and create positive patient experiences.
We know spending time with your family and enjoying local recreation is an important part of your life. That's why NorthBay Health offers a hospitalist program to physicians. The hospitalists care for unassigned adult medicine patients who access care via the emergency rooms at NorthBay Medical Center and VacaValley Hospital. In addition, we have OB and Orthopedic hospitalists to meet our patient and physician needs.
What our physicians have to say…