Patient and Family Advisory Council
At NorthBay Healthcare, we deliver patient- and family-centered care. We strive for continual improvement in
getting things right for every patient, every encounter, every time. We pledge to earn the community's trust by providing our patients and families with exceptional care at
every touch point. To this end, patients and their families are often the most knowledgeable members of the care team, and can offer unique perspectives and valuable feedback regarding the care they receive. That's why we've created the NorthBay Patient and Family Advisory Council.
Consider Joining the NorthBay Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC)The Council is dedicated to improving the patient and family experience at NorthBay Healthcare. The council offers feedback on programs at our various care settings including our two acute care hospitals and emergency departments, our Center for Primary Care facilities, and all of NorthBay Healthcare Group's specialty services. " Nothing about me, without me" is the council's motto.
Patient Advisors represent the views of our diverse community. Members will offer insights that represent different genders, ages, incomes, geographic locations and information from personal inpatient or outpatient experiences at NorthBay and at other health systems.
- Serve as an advisory resource to NorthBay regarding our programs
- Improve relationships between patients, families and staff.
- Provide communication between patients, families and staff.
- Provide a venue for patients and families to provide input into policy and program development.
- Collaborate as partners with staff, physicians and administration in the planning and operation of specific programs.
- Provides a safe venue for patients and families to provide input into as to their expectations and needs.
How Can I Become Involved?
For additional information about the Patient and Family Advisory Council, or to inquire about becoming an advisor, please send an email to
The group will meet for a two-hour session every other month, starting early 2017. The application deadline is Jan. 27, 2017. Click here for an online application.