NorthBay Cancer Center - Radiation Oncology:
1020 Nut Tree Road, Vacaville, CA 95687
Coming to the Cancer Center can be an overwhelming and distressing time for our patients, caregivers, and their families. There may be a lot of information to hear, to absorb, and to understand. It is important to us that our patients/families are heard and supported by their healthcare team.
The NorthBay oncology social worker is available to meet with our patients and families from time of diagnosis through treatment.
The following cancer support services are available:
- Supportive services to promote strengths and coping skills
- Brief counseling
- Crisis intervention
- Information/referrals for community resources
- Advocacy-assistance in communicating with your healthcare team and family members
- Education and assistance with planning for your cancer care with the use of advance healthcare directives, and power of attorney
- Information and referrals to support groups
- Education and written information to help you and your family better understand your diagnosis.
- Assistance with applying for eligible community programs that offer limited financial assistance, transportation to and from appointments, and at-home support.
Financial Help For Cancer Patients
There is enough you have to worry about after a cancer diagnosis, and NorthBay's financial advocates are here to lighten your load when it comes to accessing financial resources.
Your financial advocate works closely with social services, the cancer center staff, and our business office to guide you and your family through the financial challenges associated with cancer treatments.
The advocate can answer questions regarding insurance, give estimates of co-pays, and can obtain authorizations for services.