Focus on the Heart
Friday, August 25, 2023
12 to 6 p.m.
- The future for CHF by Milind Dhond, MD FACC
- Advances in treatment of PAD by Melissa Loja, MD
- Deep Dive on Strategy for DVT/PE by Saba Lahsaei, MD FACC
- From Aneurysms to Ulcers by Shea Pribyl, DO
- Focus on A-fib by Javed Nasir, MD
- Hypertension Overview by Ehsan Shahmir, MD, FACP
- Strategies beyond Statins by Regis Fernandes, MD, FACC — Mayo Clinic
- Aortic Stenosis and Beyond by Mark Villalon, MD FACC
- Rapid Fire ECG by Milind Dhond, MD FACC
- 11:00-12 | Registration Opens/Box Lunch
- 12:00 | Welcome
- Guest Speaker: Mayo Clinic Care Network Provider
- 6:00 | Survey, Reception and Q & A with Course Faculty
- The future for CHF
- Review new classifications for Congestive Heart Failure and guidelines for therapy and devices.
- Presenter: Milind Dhond, MD FACC
- Advances in treatment of PAD
- What’s new in diagnostic options and treatments of Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Presenter: Melissa Loja, MD
- Deep Dive on Strategy for DVT/PE
- Explore pharmacologic and interventional therapy options to treat Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) and pulmonary emboli.
- Presenter: Saba Lahsaei, MD FACC
- From Aneurysms to Ulcers
- Learn about the best strategies for management and treatment of aortic diseases.
- Presenter: Shea Pribyl, DO
- Focus on A-fib
- Updates across the spectrum, from reduction in risk of thromboembolism and effective rate control to the range of rhythm control options.
- Presenter: Javed Nasir, MD
- Hypertension Overview
- Review Blood Pressure Guidelines and evaluate strategies for achieving them.
- Presenter: Ehsan Shahmir, MD, FACP
- Strategies beyond Statins
- Consider goals and therapies to manage hyperlipidemia in at-risk populations
- Presenter: Mayo Clinic, Regis Fernandes, MD FACC
- Aortic Stenosis and Beyond
- When heart valves degenerate see how TAVR and percutaneous valve replacements come into play.
- Presenter: Mark Villalon, MD FACC
- Rapid Fire ECG
- A rapid case-based approach to ECG interpretation and management.
- Presenter: Milind Dhond, MD FACC
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Recall evidence based guidelines for hypertension, CHF, hyperlipidemia and AFib
- Select appropriate therapy for conditions reviewed
- Ability to compare and contrast pharmacologic versus interventional
5 California Nursing CEUs
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 1416 for 5 Contact Hours
5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
AMA Accreditation Statement
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Credit Statement(s): The Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Sciencedesignates this live activity for a maximum of 5.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Meet Our Exhibitors/Sponsors
- Representative: Thomas Cuddy, Senior Territory Manager, Northern California
- Phone: 201-788-1520
- Email: TCuddy@its.jnj.com
- Representative: Dominic Uchikura, Territory Manager
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Representative: Nicolas Bosanquet, Territory Manager
- Phone: 707-592-9971
- Email: NBosanquet@impulsedynamics.com
- Representative: Clark Francis
- Phone: 209-401-2096
- Email: Clark.email@example.com
- Representative: Michele Pettengill, Key Account Manager, Northern California
- Phone: 916-990-2148
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Representative: Terrance Davis
- Phone: 916-204-8339
- Email: TDavis8@its.jnj.com
- Representative: Doward Williamson
- Phone: 916-747-0763
- Email: DWilliamson@lexpharama.com