Our innovative ankle replacement program allows you to return more quickly than ever to the activities you enjoy.
Part of the comprehensive services through our Joint Replacement Program, our ankle replacement program focuses on pre-operative education, specialized hospital care, dedicated staff and progressive rehabilitation.
Our Ankle Replacement Surgical Options
- Total Ankle Replacement
In a total ankle replacement, our surgeons remove the damaged ends of the shinbone (tibia) and top of the highest bone on the foot (talus) as well as cartilage. Prosthetic components are then added to restore the function of the joint.
Why choose NorthBay?
- Minimally invasive surgery options to reduce scarring, recovery time, and pain
- Experienced surgeons and surgical teams who perform hundreds of orthopedic and joint replacement procedures every year
- State-of-the-art operating rooms and a dedicated nursing care unit with private rooms
- Education to prepare patients and families, before and after surgery, on what can be done to help speed recovery
- One-on-one physical therapy following surgery
- Options for patients who wish to avoid blood transfusions during surgery