Medicare’s annual enrollment period (AEP) is from October 15th through December 7th. This is your opportunity to change your health plan for the next calendar year.
Additionally, Medicare has a Medicare Advantage (MA) Open Enrollment Period, this is for those who are already in a MA plan, from January 1st through March 31st. During this time period you may do the following:
- Switch to another Medicare Advantage Plan with or without drug coverage
- Drop your Medicare Advantage Plan and go back to Original Medicare
- Join a Medicare drug plan
New to Medicare? Attend a meeting
If you are new to Medicare, or would just like more information about all the options you have once you have Medicare, please consider joining us at one of our monthly meeting, Medicare 101 & Your Options. We offer these meetings both on-line as a webinar and in-person.
Accepted Medicare and Medicare Advantage Plans
Below is a listing of the Medicare and Medicare Advantage plans where NorthBay Health is considered in-network.
Health Plans for 2024:
- Original Medicare
- Medicare Supplements, plans A-N (such as TriCare for Life, AARP Medicare Supplement, USAA Medicare Supplement, Mutual of Omaha, etc.)
- For employer sponsored retiree plans, please visit our accepted health plans page
- Medicare Advantage Plans include the following:
Why choose a Medicare Advantage plan?
Medicare Advantage plans offer more benefits than Original Medicare including prescription drug coverage (Part D), and others such as dental, vision and over-the-counter allowance.
If your current plan doesn't offer the benefits and features you are looking for, it may be time to switch to a new Medicare plan.