NorthBay Cancer Center - Radiation Oncology:
1020 Nut Tree Road, Vacaville, CA 95687
Our oncology nurse navigators are here to serve as cancer care coordinators and support you and your family through the complex diagnosis, treatment, and recovery process. Your oncology nurse navigator will answer your questions, expedite appointments, and organize test results, as well as act as a resource for information about any topic from support groups to clinical trial facts.
Our Nurse Navigators
Keni Horiuchi, RN, MSN, AOCN
1020 Nut Tree Road, Suite 390 Vacaville, CA 94533
Natasha Perkins, RN, MSN, AOCNS
1020 Nut Tree Road, Suite 390 Vacaville, CA 95687
An oncology nurse navigator is a nurse with experience in working with cancer patients and their families. NorthBay oncology nurse navigators are Oncology Certified Nurses, hold valid Oncology Nursing Society Chemotherapy and Biotherapy provider cards and possess a minimum of a bachelor's degree in nursing. A breast health nurse navigator has experience with the imaging and surgical care of breast cancer.
There is no additional charge for oncology and breast health nurse navigator services.
The role of the oncology and breast health nurse navigator is to ease the burden of cancer treatment on both patients and their families by:
- Serving as a point of contact for clinical coordination and questions regarding cancer-related care in the NorthBay system.
- Helping everyone understand the diagnosis and treatment options, as well as creating a survivorship plan.
- Coordinating a communication between the patient and the health care team.
- Collaborating with the health care team to provide timely diagnosis and treatment.
- Connecting the patient with other services, such as financial counseling, cancer clinical trials, genetic counseling and other support services.
With your permission, your physician can refer you to an oncology or breast health nurse navigator or call the NorthBay Cancer Center at (707) 624-8000.